Monday, August 25, 2008

Missed - One day of school already!


Oh my, I guess we're not off to a great start. Tess missed her first day of school today. She had an eye appt. this morning just after 10:00 and I didn't feel like checking her out of school an hour after she started so I just kept her home.

We went to her eye appt., and it didn't even occur to me that they would need to dialate her eyes. I don't know why but I'm quite certain in all of my years of wearing glasses and eye exams I don't think I've even been dialated. So she has her eye exam done and sure enough she near sighted - or is it far sighted? I can never remember. She has the opposite problem that I do. She has a hard time focusing on reading her books, working on the computer, writing, etc. That actually explains a lot as to why she will pick up a book, get frustrated after a few minutes of reading and give up.

She thinks she looks pretty cool right now with her eyes all dialated. She looks like an alien! It was early out Monday today so I decided there was no point in taking her to school to be miserable for an hour. So my alien missed her first day of school....already! EEEK!

So we're off to Costco tonight to pick out some frames for her. She's pretty excited. I just hope the excitement lasts!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Glad to hear everything went "well". I don't know why children want glasses. Jakob tries to wear mine around all the time, he so jealous and I keep telling him what a hassle they are. She's a cutie, and you're a good mama for letting her stay home. My kids will miss their first day Friday cuz we're going camping. Am I insane or what?!?!?
PS. I've had so many compliments on the "boy" tape already, thanks, and can I ask who makes it so I can let them know.
Take care.
Misty

Anonymous said...

Yeah I hope she stays excited about them. And yes that does make a lot of sense with her reading! Here's hoping it helps and can't wait to see those glasses.

Unknown said...

I love that picture.