Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's no wonder!

Okay. I have a little confession to make. I haven't gone running since the day that I made the post at how surprised I was that I was still running. In fact thanks to monthly torture last week I didn't exercise. Not one lick. But you know what? I dropped 3 pounds. What gives with that. Happens every time I quit exercising and makes me wonder why I torture myself!!!!

Anyhow, this morning I decided that if Tracey and I are going to "Beat The New Year" in our 5K run that starts at 11:30 pm, I'd better get my hiney out there and start running again.

Man, was it cold. COLD. COLD. COLD. Colder than a heartless witches nippies in a bra made out of dry ice! Even though my lungs were raging on fire, I think my fingers hurt the most. (Yes...I was wearing gloves). :0) However, the music pick of the day got me through without stopping except to stretch at my stretch out point.


I have to say, if you are a Beatles fan and haven't heard the I Am Sam soundtrack you should check it out. As much as I am wholeheartedly addicted to my Mercy Me Christmas album right now, I've kinda OD'd on Christmas music for the moment.

So yeah as I was driving the kids to school this morning I was commenting to them how cold it was out there and I looked down at the temperature gage and it was a whopping TWENTY ONE degrees.

No wonder I froze my tooshkey! Too bad I didn't freeze it off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that CD...I also loved that movie...although it makes me cry just thinking about it. But really no surprise huh? I cry about everything.

Good for you for running. My work outs have been rather sporadic lately as well. Zane's been sick and I have had no energy come morning after getting up with him at least twice a night conisistenly for a week. He's fine during the day but doesn't sleep well. I just want to scream. I just figure if I can manage not to gain 10 lbs during the holidays I'll be ok! ;)

Michelle said...

I love that CD.

Ali said...

LOL, LOVE that last comment!!!! I hate the Beatles music, I know, everybody looks at me like my head is on fire but yes, can't stand it. I do however love Christmas music and can't get enough. We have a new temporary Christmas radio station, here is the link if you want to listen to it live. The D.J.'s aren't great but you can hear the cute 'ol accents ;-).

Congrats on the 3 lbs loss. My friend is the exact same as you. Everytime she doesn't watch what she eats she loses. Go figure.

:-)

Ali said...

Always helpful if I add the link, right?? DUH!!

http://christmasfm.ie/

Sheryl said...

You plan to run on New Year's Eve? Oh my goodness, rather you than me after all that Christmas festive food. And so cold, too!