I found this on my cute Sister In Law, Michelle's blog, and figured since I've neglected my blogging addiction for a few days this would be a fun thing to do.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I DON'T REALLY LOVE EITHER, WASTE OF CALORIES.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAPPED, UNLESS IT IS A BIG ITEM, LIKE AARONS TRAIN TABLE LAST YEAR, OR WHAT JM WILL BE GETTING THIS YEAR.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? WHITE LIGHTS. GLAD I FINALLY CONVINCED HUBBY OF THAT. HE HATES COLORED NOW. I EVEN PUT THEM UP ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE THIS YEAR. MAKES ME HAPPY.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? BLECH. WHO WANTS TO KISS.
5. When do you put up your decorations? WHENEVER WE FEEL LIKE IT. THIS YEAR WAS THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? HMMMM....NOT SURE. I LOVE HAVING COLD CUTS AT MY MOMS.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? DRESSING UP AND ACTING OUT THE NATIVITY EVERY CHRISTMAS EVE.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? OH SUCH A SAD STORY. I MADE SANTA A MINI LOAF OF HOMEMADE BREAD FOR A SNACK, AND FOUND IT A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER, HIDDEN IN THE BACK OF A CUPBOARD ALL MOLDY. I ASKED WHY SANTA HADN'T EATEN IN AND THE TRUTH CAME OUT.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YUP! IT'S ONE OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO. WE DRAW NAMES IN OUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY SO THAT THE KIDS HAVE THE CHANCE TO PICK OUT A GIFT FOR SOMEONE ELSE, AND WE OPEN THOSE PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? LIGHTS, STRING OF BEADS, SILVER AND BLUE ORNAMENTS FOR THE BIG DOWNSTAIRS TREE. RED AND GOLD FOR THE SAD CHARLIE BROWN UPSTAIRS TREE.
11. What is your favorite holiday tradition? PROBABLY CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST.
12. Can you ice skate? HAVEN'T FOR MANY YEARS. NOT SURE IF I STILL CAN.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? AS A KID MY BARBIE DREAMHOUSE. AS A GROWNUP THE VIDEO THAT MY HUBBY MADE AND PUT ON MY IPOD LAST YEAR.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? BEING WITH PEOPLE I LOVE AND REFLECTING ON THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? OH PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING. ALAS, THAT IS WHY I GAINED 10 POUNDS LAST YEAR I AM SURE. DOING GOOD SO FAR THIS YEAR!
16. What tops your tree? A BIG SILVER STAR THAT WE GOT IN GERMANY.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? #1 - O COME O COME EMANUEL, #2 - OH HOLY NIGHT, #3 - STILL, STILL, STILL.
20. Candy Canes? DOUBLE BLECH.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? OF COURSE, BUT IT SURE HELPS BEING ABLE TO PULL OUT THE OL - "SANTA IS WATCHING YOU!" CARD WHEN THE KIDS ACT UP.