Monday, June 30, 2008

June uploads for CX!

It was supposed to be upload day at CreativeXpress last Friday, but they are currently changing servers, so I thought I'd go ahead and post my May projects here for anyone to peek at!

I really love both of these projects.

When I was assigned to incorporate my childrens help into a layout I knew exactly what I wanted to do! I decided to do a layout about my kids' love of sidewalk chalk and let them create the embellishments for the layout using the chalk!

I put Sarah to work and asked her to create a variety of flowers, and then I sealed them with a matte finishing spray. Now I have no idea if that spray that you buy in the paint section of a craft store is archival or not, but to be honest, I'm not really one that is too worked up about keeping everything acid free. After the sealant had dried I cut them out and voila! Personalized embellishments that preserve her artwork!

I was also asked to create an altered notebook as a diary for a Teen/Tween. As soon as I saw this paper I knew it would be perfect for a diary for my 13 year old. I covered a basic comp notebook, and then added the ribbon closure to keep things a little more private for her! Personalized things with her initials and there you have it!

All product for these projects with the exception of the chalk and the matt finish sealant can be found in the CreativeXpress store!

TFL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you post these in your KT gallery? I love this...it's amazing!