Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've been bitten by the running bug....

And I think I'm a little crazy! Providing my sweet in-laws will be able to watch our kids overnight, Tracey, my cousin Kim and I plan on running the Provo River Trail Half Marathon in the beginning of August.

I know I can do it, but sheesh....that's 13.1 miles. YES...THIRTEEN POINT ONE MILES. I'm fine until I really sit and think about it and then it kind of freaks me out, but I'm determined to do it. Even if I end up walking half of it I'm gonna cross that finish line!

I started my training program today, even though I don't have a full 12 weeks to get through the entire thing. I did run my entire 3 miles without stopping....even straight up the hill! Good thing about this half marathon is it's nearly all down hill! Added bonus!

1 comment:

rose said...

I know you can do it! You probably do around 50 miles a day around the house chasing the kids and picking up after them lol!