Sunday, June 22, 2008

182 Miles....








I am so proud of my husband. He and 11 other men, formed up a team to take part in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay Race.

This race began in Logan, Utah, and traveled 182 miles, ending in Park City, Utah. Each person ran 3 legs of the race, totaling around 15 miles.

Tracey was dreading the race. There is no doubt about it, however, he knew he would be sad if he didn't go through with it. What an amazing experience to witness 6 of the 12 members of his team, cross the finish line together. Over 26 hours of running, driving, trying to sleep then starting again.

Tracey said it was the hardest thing physically that he has ever done in his life, as his last leg was 3.5 miles at an 8% uphill grade on a dirt road. But he did it! The feeling of accomplishment and now the drive to continue to pursue fitness has infected both of us, and we both plan on participating in this race again next year. My Uncle Don, one of the team members is also a true inspiration as he is now 67 years old and had 2 of the hardest legs in the race, and he did it!

Way to go everyone that was a Ragnar runner! Way to go Tracey! I love you!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow! That is awesome. WTG, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Crazy and awesome. I so wish I was infected this way. Maybe someday.

Jenn said...

So glad to see your blog. I will keep reading. So proud of your husband and the others. Funny because a guy came into work (Hollywood Video) to get some movies the other day and I made fun of the mindless ones he was getting and he told me he was doing that race and needed something to keep him awake that did not take a lot of brain power. I wonder if it was one of the guys on the team. Well I hope to see you at the next crop

Sheryl said...

Kristy, that's a brilliant accomplishment. I have no doubt that if you set your mind to taking part next year, you will!

Stampin' Meg said...

wow- that's awesome!