Friday, September 12, 2008

I feel so loved...AGAIN!


I'm just sitting here with a smile on my face. My dear sweet favorite Dutch friend Peggy Severins sent me a blog award. Let me tell you a bit about this girl. SHE IS AMAZING! My life was blessed to cross paths with her through our three years of design team work for CreativeXpress. Peggy is one of the friendliest people on the planet, and so kind and thoughtful. When I had my horrible miscarriage, she was so kind and sent such a wonderful care package. She was so thoughtful and even sent the kiddos a fun little Dutch treat of these bread sprinkles for toast. Oddly enough my kids still talk about them on occasion. Peggy has gone through challenges in life, as we all do, and this year has been a toughie for her, but you know what....she's still smiling, and that's what I love about her is that she just takes what life hands her, makes the best and still keeps putting one foot in front of the other. Peggy....I love ya girl!

I'm not going to pass on the award, only because I issued out awards not too long ago, but I'm definitely going to find a nice little home for this darling award.

I've also been tagged by two of my buddies....Meredith Watson and Shellie Hubbardt. So here we go!

I'm supposed to list 6 quirky things about myself.
Link back to the person who tagged you.
List the rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own.
Tag 6 "unsuspecting" bloggers to complete.

#1 - I can't drink out of glass cups. Or prefer not to anyway. It really freaks me out. It also freaks me out if there is any sort of "scuz" on a glass. Even if it has just come out of the dishwasher...you know how sometimes glass glasses especially come out with little specks of who knows what? Yeah. Can't drink out of them. However, my favorite plastic cups...with my lip gloss stains all around the rim? Doesn't bother me at all. Maybe because I know it's MY scuz.

#2 - I brush my teeth. A lot. In fact, I've brushed 2x today already and it's not even 9:00. I can't stand the feeling of fuzzy teeth.

#3 - I have this thing about a crumb free / streak free counter top. Makes me crazy that no one else in the house seems to mind. I mean, how can they not mind? Something is wrong with THEM I tell ya! I go through a container of the clorox wipes about every week from wiping the counters. Speaking of...sounds like a trip to Costco is in store, cause I'm out of wipes.

#4 - Hmmmm....when riding as a passenger in the front seat of any car, I need the left arm rest put down. When I am in the drivers seat, doesn't bother me at all. Tracey's little car doesn't have a left arm rest. It causes me anxiety that there is nothing to put down to rest my arm on. Feels wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong! Feels much like I would imagine wearing a thong would feel like. UN-COMFY!

#5 - When I eat a bowl of any marshmallow enhanced cereal, I have to eat the "cat food" first. Then I'm left with a lovely bowl of overly processed sugar in grey milk that crunches and squeaks when I chew! Then of course I have to go and brush my teeth to get rid of the nasty film that's left over. But ya know...I love it!

#6 - Dang, this is hard. Ummmmm...let's see. I have to get ready in the same order every day. Shower = Wash hair, put in conditioner, put on shower cap. Shave pits (not for much longer...in fact I'm skipping days now), wash body, shave legs. Remove shower cap, wash out conditioner, wash face. Get fully dressed. Put on foundation, blush, eyeshadow then mascara. Do hair.

So there ya have it. I'm an OCD freak I guess.

So now I'm tagging ALL OF YOU in my links list. Yup. THat's right. ALL OF YOU! I'd link you individually here, but um...I think JM is on the verge of getting beat up by brother who is not so patiently waiting for the recycling truck to come.

Have a LOVELY weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey-you're so funny. I love all your quirky things . Your blog is great too! Where do you seriously find the time to be a mother of 5!! and do all those fantastic scrapbooking projects??? Unbelievable. Tracey's videos are so cool. Plus anyone who knows listens to Nickel Creek is already a STAR in my book! The slow mo black and white video is amazing. After this baby and I get skinny like you we are for sure hiring him to do a family video or something cool if he is up for it.

Unknown said...

Love your quirky facts! I am going to have to think about it for a bit and post mine =}

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! I love your quirkiness. It's definatly weirder than me! Guess I better think.

How nice of Peggy to send you that blog award. She is a sweet heart.

Ali said...

LOL, I have been waitin' all day for your blog Missey!!!! It's now 9.05pm here. That's a LOT of waitin' but man, was it worth waiting for. I spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read about Milo and Aaron. Funn-eeee. I also love the fact that you have OCD, now I KNOW you can't make fun of me without getting a little back.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing.

Ax