Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yellowstone - Handheld

So I wasn't the only one that forgot an important piece of equipment during our Yellowstone vacay. My hubby forgot his tripod, so all of his video was shot handheld. I still think he did an amazing job.

All of the video that he shot in this footage was done using a static RNG and a wax screen. I know that doesn't really mean much to most of the world, but I do have to say that the bokeh is exquisite. (That one was for you baby. See I do pay attention!)

Really, if you pay attention to the blurred background of the video, the "bokeh" which is the blurry dots has a very nice quality to it because of the wax screen. It has a very cinematic feel which is what having an RNG will do for your regular digital video camera. You can make MOVIES! Yee haw!

Okay...nuff o' that! Here it is.....

Yellowstone Handheld.

6 comments:

Dan said...

I love seeing Tracey's work, Good video and a great weekend. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Michelle said...

WOW! Tracey does an amazing job with his videos! He must have one steady hand to keep the camera so still. After Jason sees this, I'm sure he'll want to know more about the RNG35-hook us up!

Kristen said...

Wow....I want to go to Yellowstone, That was so fun to watch.

Ali said...

I loved looking at Yellowstone from my chair in Dublin :-). It looks gorgeous and so do all the kiddos, Was wondering where Sarah and Tessa were and then they just snuck in at the end. Tracey does such a great job behind the camera but I guess I have said that 100 times already, lol.

Jennifer said...

you guys must have the greatest family video collection.. Who needs redbox just pull something out of the Lee Archives for Friday night viewing. Yellowstone looked amazing!

Unknown said...

I loved watching this!!!! Wow!!! Just amazing!