Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Aaron!









So it's not really Aaron's birthday today. He turned 4 on Friday, but I've been having computer issues so I finally begged Tracey to let me use his baby so that I could post something. I tell you what. I'm having posting withdrawls for sure!

I can't believe that Aaron has been with us for 4 years. He's such a funny kid. You know, for all of those people that told me when I was pregnant with him, as he was our first boy, that boys were "so much easier", I'm here to say that in 4 years of living with him that he's equally as dramatic as our oldest! However, I wouldn't trade him for the world. Despite being a drama queen himself, it's been so much fun to have a little dude in the house. I guess I'm lucky in the sense that he's also very much a momma's boy, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't have about 20 sunggles, kisses and just a sweet little buddy to hang out by my side.

By a stroke of luck, Tracey took the day off work to meet with his machinist about the new version of the RNG35 that is in the works, and since the meeting was up in Ogden we decided to take Aaron to the Spencer Eccles Dinosaur Park. None of us had ever been there before so it was something fun to see.

We had a great time with the exception of Aaron being scared to death of the robotic dinosaurs. Actually that was kind of humorous to watch. Even JM, the kid with no fear showed a little trepidation. We had fun exploring the grounds until Aaron scraped his knee and then the dramatics shot sky high. A worker lady brought us a band aid for his knee, cause well, ya know....I still haven't learned to be a prepared mother even after having 5 kids. The silly dude was screaming his head off and the lady just looked at me and said...."Well, I'll let you figure that one out!". HA HA!

On the way home we stopped at the store and let Aaron pick out his own cake, cause uh, yeah...5 kids? Who has time to make a cake! ;0)
After we came home we sang happy birthday and did presents. Aaron was thrilled with his "bone pillow" that Maddison made for him and his "Batman - Bat Cave".

To top the evening off we went swimming with the entire family. It was making me giggle for as excited as Aaron was to swim, he sure was beyond timid about getting in the water.

He's such a fun kid. I'm so glad that he's come to live with us. I'm so glad that he has his little brother to be his chum too.

Yup.

Life is good. (With the exception of my lame-o-jacked up computer.)


7 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! We love having you around too! Good thing Milo gave you your present early...we didn't get to see you on your big day

Mer said...

He really is quite a cutie! Happy birthday, Aaron!!!

Sheryl said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun - happy birthday to Aaron! As for boys being easier - I haven't noticed! I think that boys are harder when they are small, and girls when they hit double digits. Hope you get your computer fixed soon, Kristy!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Aaron (and my boys are much harder than my girl!)

Jennifer said...

happy b-day to your cute little dude! 4 years already!! wow ;)

Dan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
He is such a cute little fart, I love just taking a minute to hear what he has to say. I love having him as one of the cutest grandsons in the world

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Aaron. Looks like you had a great day!