Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - Color Me Confused!


You know...I just don't get it.

I have to be honest, that recently I've sort of fallen off of the wagon so to speak. In fact let me lay it out for you.

I've exercised only 2 times in the past month. Once yesterday playing Wii Fit, (and boy do I hurt today), and for about 30 min. a week ago Monday. That's it! No gym. No running. No Billy. No Firm. No nuthin'.

I've sort of thrown the good eating choices out the window...especially over the past week. Maybe it was more of a trying to par-tay before buckling down and getting serious again.

Here's what I can recall that I've eaten, and I'm sure there is more.

Mostly diet coke.
One of those big pink cookies every morning last week after I dropped the kids off at school. The boys and I hit the gas station for drinks and treats.
Yesterday - Apollo Burger and Onion Rings
Monday - A big ol' Whopper with Cheese and onion Rings
The Weekend - No less than 10 sugar cookies with frosting
Valentines Day - Dinner at Rubios - Fish Taco, shrimp burrito, beans and rice
Friday - I'm sure Tracey and I ate somewhere for lunch, Costco Pizza for dinner
Thursday - Lunch with Jana and Tracey at Cafe Rio

Okay...you get the idea.

So I jump on the scale this morning and I've lost yet another pound. Since the beginning of the year I am down just just over 5 pounds.

So what do I do? Keep indulging in all of the pleasures of life and hope that I stay constant in my dropping a pound a week, or get back on the wagon?!?! It's just so frustrating when I work, work, work...and be so dilligent about everything and only lose ever so slightly more than I am losing now or in many weeks just maintain my weight! Oh and get this...my measurements....The same or smaller.

Color me confused!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say get back in gear. Here's why:
1. I don't want to do it alone
2. You feel better when you work out
3. Your heart is a muscle and bad food + no exercise=early heart attack (also heart disease is the no. 1 killer of women)
4. Your body is probably losing all it's muscle tone/mass and not fat!
5.IGNORE THE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!! Go with how you feel.

NOW drop and give me 50!
Love you.

Elena said...

Bite me. I've done the opposite and have GAINED a pound. But I'm with whoever Jana is. It's not the numbers on the scale that determine health. Get going and you'll be happier with yourself. But really - how are you losing while I'm gaining? I just don't get it.

Jennifer said...

wow that is confusing!! I'm thinking "I'll good things must come to an end." But then again maybe you were blessed like my sister...she seriously has a Cherry Pepsi and Powder donuts for breakfast every morning! And the girl weights about 90lbs!! I got skipped when my mom was handing out that genetic gift!

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh Elena...it's a good thing that I wasn't drinking anything when I read your comment or I'd have had it coming out my nose! "Bit me"....from YOU! Oh that kills me.

Seriously though......now I'm starting to worry a little. I'm down another pound exactly since Wednesday. And um...McDonalds for TWO meals yesterday....granted only one meal was "bad".

Well I guess I'll grin big cheesy grins for another 10 pounds....then it'll be a trip to the doctor if it doesn't slow down. Hopefully I won't devour myself.

Sean Dahl said...

You know Kristy, Jana hit it right on the nose, when she said that you feel better when you work out. I went through a Big Time low. November through January. I was feeling like crap, was only doing 3 classes a week. Eating candy every day. In stead of going to classes I would go back to bed and take a nap. Anyways I got up, I am starting up again. I feel better already. It was so hard though! I had gained some fat. I used to do 2 classes a day. So that was bad for me. 5 a week is good enough though. I don't feel like I miss my morning naps anymore. I got my morning energy back. Also like she said you slowly lose your muscle tone. I couldn't lift as much. So slowly get back to working out. And the thing all of us in the fitness industry say is " Its how the clothes fit on you, not the numbers!"

BlackGiraffe Design said...

Why does losing weight have to be such a pain in the butt? It goes on a lot faster than off. But the key is being healthy. I don't want to be a worn out grandma! Or mom for that matter!