Saturday, February 21, 2009

Click....

All of the sudden I have the Go, Diego, Go! "Click...take a pic" song in my head. Today was truly a wonderful day! Tracey and I took advantage of our no kids for the day and headed into downtown Salt Lake for a day of wandering, photographing and filming.

I have to admit, that after playing around with Tracey's 5D a little bit today, my 20D seems like a piece of doo!

Here are a few photos from our journeyings around town. I suppose we must have walked a good 4 or 5 miles, which is good considering the amount of lovely food that we consumed today!

These photos were from one of our first stops. There's nothing quite like walking aimlesly around downtown, finding all sorts of unique colors and buildings. The only drawback is that sometimes the corners you can find really stink!









For Christmas Tracey's parents gave us a gift certificate to Settebello's. Honest to goodness, it is the BEST and most authentic Italian pizza that we have had since leaving Europe. It was really hard to save the gift certificate for our special date weekend...and I am already wishing to go back. Tracey got a cheese pizza with salami, and I got a "white" pizza with procuitto costo and spinach. Mmmmmm...







After lunch we stumbled upon this German bakery. I told Tracey that we had to go inside to see if they had any chocolate crossiants like we would get so often in Germany. They do make them there but they were out. We settled on a delicious piece of Apfel Streudel. The only thing missing was the vanilla sauce!




We then made our way to the Gateway and these were perhaps some of my favorite photos that we took all day. I wanted Tracey to take a photo making sure that he was showing in the reflection of the window I was standing by. I think he did a great job!





Here are a couple of random shots that Tracey took that I liked. Even though my hands are looking old!





I had never been to the "new" Salt Lake library so after hanging out at the Gateway we walked over to the library. It was amazing. I'd really like to take the kids back there one day as I am sure they would love it. It's really high and there are glass elevators. I couldn't quite convince Tracey to go up with me.



There is a display of hundreds of tiny mechanical butterflies. When you look at it from the right angle it is a persons head. The light wasn't great for capturing what it really is like but I did catch a few photos of the butterflies.



It was such a great day. Thanks Dan and Karen for watching our brood. I know it's a lot of work but it means the world to us to be able to have times like these.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Love the pictures. One of my favorite things to do whenever I go traveling on business is to take my camera and go for a walk. Just taking pictures of random buildings and other things. Glad you had a good time. We had fun with the kids.

Muche said...

I just watched the Amazing Race and they were in Saltzburg and its surrounding!!!!! Made us so Europesick :( I even miss Germany! It was so fun, and we had great friends ;)

Kristy said...

I hear ya Muriel! I just got done watching it and now I'm all sorts of Europesick too.

**sigh**

To think...I've been to Rupholding and Konigsee and Schloss Hellbrunn.....I woulda kicked some tooshkey on that leg being familliar with the area!

And did you catch the glimps of the yellow church on the bend of the A4 by the McDonalds.....

Peggy said...

Great to hear you've had some special time together. I love the pictures.