Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday #1


Well it's a brand new year so I figure what better way that starting it off by a visual documentation of where I am at with a scale that is actually accurate! As much as I wish my former scale was accurate, since it weighed me in a few pounds lighter, I am loving my new scale that weighs me dead on with the one at the gym, AND tracks whether I've lost or gained in between weigh ins.

Let's just say winter hasn't been too favorable to me. I really miss running outdoors as I swear with all of my being that it the best way to lose weight and keep it off. I've read that it is from many different sources, and from personal experience I will vouch that everything I've read about running is true.

So, here I sit. Middle o' winter and not being able to run outdoors as much as I'd like, which is sad, but at least I haven't gained wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much over the holidays. I've managed to pack about 4 pounds on my hiney in the month of December, but I've already lost a little bit of it, thanks to being very diligent at going to the gym in this new year. In fact, at one point on this very scale, which I got for Christmas, I weighed in at 178.5. Granted it WAS in the evening and I'm pretty sure I had my jammies on. Nevertheless, I do feel like I'm in the groove, and will hopefully see some good results this year. I hope anyway. I swear though, being this old makes it tough for losing anything except my mind! However, I do feel pretty dang good at how I look for being a mom to 5 children. My hips and abdomen may never be the same, but I've got 5 beautiful creations to remind me every day that my body is not what it once was and that is OKAY! The benefit of having each one of them far outweighs the body I once had.

So here's to a new year of Weigh in Wednesdays, and no you aren't going to get a visual documentation every Wed. For some reason I just don't feel like being so public about it since it's been a struggle the past little while. Maybe when I reach 165 I'll throw you a photo. THen again....maybe not!

Good luck to all of you dear friends and your quest to be healthy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just keep going, because it makes me keep going. I am not doing as great as I'd like to in this new year but we'll see how things go.

Michelle said...

I'm glad we're both starting over on the Weigh In Wednesdays! Did you see Oprah on Monday and Biggest Loser last night? I'm feeling inspired to get it off this year and I have full confidence in your abilities to do it as well! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Carol said...

I'm amazed that you posted your weight on the www! I'm just too self-conscious to do that I guess. I think it's cool too that you get up at the butt-crack of dawn to go to the gym. Our gym is 15 minutes away so I never go! I hate it. I've never had to work hard to lose weight until I had Em and she's 5 now!

Kristen said...

Yea! Good for you...I havn't been appreciating this snowy neighborhood either...it is killing my mood!

Peggy said...

Good luck on loosing weight Kristy, I know you can do it.

Ali said...

Willing you on from Dublin, my friend. We will both be successful in our quest this year, I KNOW IT!!

Tracey Lee said...

I love that picture!