Friday, June 26, 2009

What a day!


Life with kids is always a surprise. What is actually a surprise is the fact that we've lived for 2 years with John Matthew and aside from normal bumps and bruises haven't had any accidents to speak of with him. And that my friends....is truly a miracle. We're talking this is the boy that sees a photo of a skateboarder or a snowboarder and the look of longing fills his eyes, because he wants to be that person living to the extreme!

Anyhow, this Wednesday past we decided to go up and visit Grandpa Lee, Aunt Michelle and the boys Lee cousins that were up camping in Big Cottonwood Canyon. I truly loathe camping at this point in life, because the kids are so hard to keep track of, so a day trip isn't too horrible. That way they still get the fun, and I maintain sanity since I can sleep in my own comfy bed at night!

It was a beautiful day and Sarah and I took some of the kids for a little hike. We also ate lunch and played some games.

After a few hours I had reached my limit of chasing the Chuzzle and decided to head down the canyon with the boys. The girls stayed behind so that they could have a little more fun.

All it took was one text from Tracey to mention Pizza Benders and I was a girl with a mission....to get to Italian Village.

Boy was it heaven.

After eating Pizza Benders, we had a spur of the moment jaunt to Wheeler Farm so that we could feed the ducks. We had been there with the boys just two nights before, while Tracey did some filming, but we didn't have bread, so decided to take them back.








The kids had fun and I had fun snapping off a few photos of my favorite boys.




On our way out Aaron and JM wanted to play int he playhouse for a few minutes. No sooner had Tracey and I sat down to watch the boys, did JM fall off of the stairs and fell about 3' through the railing. Of course it was all in slow motion yet neither Tracey or I could get there quick enough! We though he was just fine until his blonde hair turned all red! YUCK!

Luckily there was a nurse sitting right there and she helped us clean him up and told us that he would indeed need stitches, so off we went in search of an Instacare to sew him up!

Now THAT, my friends was NOT fun....watching your sweet little baby, strapped into a papoose board, screaming his guts out, eyes just about bulging out of his head looking at me like I - as his mommy should be doing something to help.

So sad.

He took it like a trooper and ended up with only two stitches. Luckily they are in his hair so you will never see a scar.




I can't wait to see what he thinks when we take him in next week to have them removed!!!

3 comments:

Dan said...

LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF SURPRISES. GLAD YOU ALL MADE IT THROUGH THE CRISES. I HAD FUN WITH ALL OF YOU FOR A DAY IN THE CANYON.

Jen Gallacher said...

Poor baby! :( Glad to hear he's doing better!

Misty said...

What a day. I've had to have my little Aaron strapped to the papoose for drawing blood when he was one and I HATED it. So sorry you had to experience that.
Hugs,
Misty