Monday, June 8, 2009

Baptism, Birthday & Campout.....OH MY!

Wow! What an incredibly fun filled weekend we had. Sooooooooooooo busy, and not what I would call relaxing by any means, but most definitely one that will be remembered for sure!

Saturday, June 6th, Tessa was baptized by her daddy bright and early in the morning. We had to be at the church at 8:20. It was no problem getting there on time, since Tessa was so excited for her big day!





We had quite a few of the relatives from each side of the family in attendance. It just seems so strange to me that Tess is already 8 years old. It doesn't seem that long ago that she was a little squirt.

I was so proud of Tessa and her decision to be baptized. I know it's more of a "thing to do" at her age, but her face was literally glowing with happiness. I hope that she will always remember how important this step is in her life and how as she grows older she will realize more and more the importance of her baptism, and the atonement of Jesus Christ.

After the baptism we had a little shin dig at our house. Lots of food! I felt like quite the Martha Stewart after having made a million and 10 puff pastries for chicken salad sandwiches.




We also had a less than eventful for JM birthday party moment since JM's birthday was on the 7th. (Poor kid having is birthday on a big weekend for Tess. Oh well. He's 2. He won't remember....right?) Grandma and Grandpa Lee got him the one and only thing that I could think of that he would like, since he's a loopy kid and doesn't play with toys. They got him the Fisher Price Bubble Lawn Mower. The kid loves being outside and loves bubbles so what better combination could there be?!?!




After the party, we took the little kids to Chuck E Cheese for their very first time....EVER! Maddi and Sarah will be sad that they missed out on the fun, but I guess spending time with Grandma and Grandpa is more appealing! ;)




JM was a crack up. The way he'd pump a token into the machine, press a button and wait for the tickets to come out. I don't know what the thrill is of collecting tickets to buy junk, but they LOVED it.

After that we went to Cabella's on a whim. Another place we have never been. Again...too funny watching the kids like they were hyped up on full doses of caffeine, Zipping from one animal to the next to the next!




We woke up on Sunday morning and the kids were excited to sing happy birthday to their brother. I was the total slacker mom that didn't really want more junky food in the house, so opted for JM's birthday cake to be a left over piece of Tessa's baptism cake. Nice. I promise baby, I'll make it up to you next year! I'll make you a groovy cake. No left overs. OK!

JM #2 from Tracey Lee on Vimeo.



After church we gave Matthew his basket ball hoop and I was sad that it wasn't the same one that he loves playing with in Nursery. Well, loves playing with it providing I am right there with him. The kid is just not too fond of nursery for sure. Anyhow, he was a little frustrated with not being tall enough to make baskets, but he will grow into it....right? Nothing like getting a bang for your buck!

It's just kind of sad to me that my baby is now two. These past two years have really flown by. As difficult as Matthew is with his speech delay, I know these times are precious and I try to enjoy each moment. Some moments are far better than others, but I know this time will pass all too quickly.

Having gone to Cabella's gave the kids the idea that they would like to sleep out in the tent. So we set up the tent, and they went camping for the night.







Honestly, back yard camping is my style. Dad gets to sleep out with the kids, and I get my comfy bed....no Aarons feet kicking my face....no Tracey snoring....just peace and quiet!

What a great weekend.

Sadly...I have to take JM for shots today. At least he will be accompanied by Sarah having shots as well. Happy birthday kid.

1 comment:

Andy said...

What a great weekend!