Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Purple Cauliflower....who'd a thunk?



So today I was at the grocery store shopping for veggi's for the chicken pasta salad that I volunteered to make for our Relief Society Enrichment dinner tonight. You should have seen me stop in my tracks when I came to the purple cauliflower! I mean, honestly! Isn't it great! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add a little purple fun to the salad so into my cart it went.

I think the veggi producers must be onto something when it comes to kids. ALL of my kids were standing in line to try the "grape flavored" cauliflower. Much to their disappointment it tasted like regular cauliflower, but oh so much cuter.

Truth be told, I don't think grape cauliflower would be any good anyway!

Oh and the best part? It was actually CHEAPER than the regular cauliflower! Next time I'm buying the orange one!

3 comments:

Becky T said...

I love the look of that salad! You must post the recipe. I love summer salads.

And I'm so glad you're up and at it blogging again. I so love keeping up with you on facebook, but have also so missed your blog!! Glad you're back!!!

Elena said...

The salad was beautiful and yummy. Thank you for making it. I'll have to remember that one.

Unknown said...

Purple rocks!!
I'll have to keep an eye out for that :)