Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Erin Colby Challenge

So I have to admit something that really isn't so much of a secret—that my life has been absolutely richly blessed with the friends that I have made through the scrapbooking world.

Luckily for me, sometimes those friends get to challenge me to create a scrapbook page.

The crazy talented Erin Colby dished out a challenge to a group of ladies called The Little Somethings challenge.

Something Old
Something New
Something Borrowed
Something Blue

Here's what I came up with:


Here's how the "Somethings" dish out.

Something old: The photo of dad

Something new: The glorious Authentique Paper Seasons:Summer collection. (Thanks Sam!)



Something borrowed: I am currently borrowing a We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy 3x4 punch, which I used to punch out the cards framing dads photo.


Something blue: Well the paper easily fits into this as does this gorgeous crouched flower that another dear scrappy friend, Cathryn Hanson created and mailed to me. 


Of course you know me and my journaling love. Telling the story. That's what it's all about. 


Thank you Erin for such an great challenge! Oh and for those of you that are in the Mojo Mama's Creative Corner challenge group, this layout will be the sketch for next week!



No comments: