Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Moms & Mommihood Lilybee Designs Sketch Challenge

I have to admit! I'm reeeeeeally loving being on the recipient end of the sketch challenges, rather than the one dishing them out each week! I mean not that I didn't love my 4 years at ScrapbookSteals.Com as the Mid Week Mojo mama, but there is certainly something to be said for just not having to over think a project and simply create.

I really loved Monday's sketch challenge design by Wendy Sue Anderson on the Lilybee Designs Blog. In fact when I saw it I immediately thought of the 4 photos that were sitting on my desk (not joking!) waiting to be scrapped.



Here's how my interpretation came out. (Geesh I kind of love the guilt free scrapping nights when hubby is out of town!)



I kind of felt like the 4th photo was overdoing it since they were printed as 4x4's so opted to replace one photo with one of the cute little journaling index cards by Lilybee.


The experience we had last summer helping our community in a time of need was seriously amazing. It was incredible to see so many come together to help others in their severe time of need. Most impressive to me was my daughter Maddi—who is typically a lazy teen when it comes to doing jobs. In fact we wanted her to stay home with the little kids and watch them as her "service".  She proved us wrong as she spent many hours, armpit deep in freezing cold mud, showing us that she really does have what it takes!

So no more complaining when there's laundry to be folded.  M'kay!

PS - Forgive me in the fact that my blog is still so ugly!  One of these days...right. :D

No comments: