Thursday, October 8, 2009
Sometimes I'm the luckiest gal!
So I have to take a little moment out from the hCG humdrum to tell you how lucky I am. Why, do you ask? Well I'll tell you!
Throughout my life I have been blessed, repeatedly to find friends, via the internet....through scrapbook forums, and now Facebook....that have enriched my life beyond measure.
One special friend I'd like to mention today is my buddy Leigh.
Leigh is an amazing woman that has taught me so much about loving everyone and taking what life gives you and making the best out of it.
She was friends with my brother on Facebook and ended up crossing over into my world. I'll be honest...when my brother told me...yeah...she's got 27 tattoos (or something like that), and how ever many body piercings, I thought wow....she's a crazy gal! I am SO VERY GRATEFUL that I didn't let my initial thoughts stand in the way of getting to know my amazing friend. I'm also truly grateful that she has helped me to realize how special each and every one of God's children are, no matter what! (Even with all of those crazy tattoos! ;) )
One thing I adore about Leigh is her gratitude lists. She has so often encouraged myself, as well as others to focus on the things we are grateful for that God has given us. In fact, one day when I was having a particularly bad day, she prompted me to say my prayers asking for nothing, but only thanking Heavenly Father for all that I have. It made me realize how absolutely incredibly blessed I am.
* I am blessed to have the knowledge of Jesus Christ our savior that gave his life for us so that we CAN be together forever.
* I am blessed with a wonderful God Loving husband, who does everything he can for our family. Who loves our kids like every father should love their children. Who appreciates me for what I do. Who recognizes my needs.
* I am blessed with 5 amazing children who are not only my dear friends but teach me love and patience each day.
* I am blessed with a beautiful home, in a beautiful neighborhood.
* I am blessed with friends in abundance, who love me even though I might not be the nicest or best of person at times.
* I am blessed with parents and inlaws that love me and my family dearly and would do anything for us at any time.
* I am blessed with by my children having wonderful teachers that give so much of their time and their talents to better my children.
* I am blessed to have clothing and food (although I'd do just about anything for a pizza right now! ;)
She is truly optomistic. One Thursday when I was having a rough time she sent me a sweet message, to which I replied that I was wrapped in warm fuzzies. She then replied:
That's the way it SHOULD be! My buddy texted me yesterday and told me to imagine myself all balled up in G-d's hand. I told her he was squeezing me too hard (!!!). She said he just loves me so much he's hugging me a little extra tight.
So if you imagine yourself wrapped in warm fuzzies/ on a beach/ on a boat/ in His hand...it might just help change your perspective in a tough moment. :)
And all of this coming from a woman that has recently been diagnosed with Lupus, and keeps on smiling and counting her blessings.
I just wanted to take this small moment to thank her for what an example she is to me. And to share with you the thoughtful bookmark that she surprised me with.
Leigh...I love you - you need to get your hiney back here to Utah one day so we can meet!
(PS - there's the photo for you! ;) Bet you weren't counting on getting it this way!)